Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Look sidways for now.....

Ok....I'm frustrated, I downloaded this picture 10 times trying to get it the right direction. It is right in my file, but turns sideways when I download it. Any suggestions???? In August we went to the Davis County Fair with my parents and sister and her kids. We started out at the "Cute Baby Contest". My parents thought I should put the girls in the contest just for fun. I was surprised to see how many people really get into these contests!! It was an interesting experience to begin with. The girls were both tired a cranky. They both wanted me to hold them and I thought when we finally got on the stage in front of the judges they would freak out. Well, we were all pleasantly surprised when we got up there and I put the girls down. Alexis stepped forward and said "hi" and waved to the judges. I told her to dance so she did a little hip shake and was so cute. Ashley was a little more shy and stayed right close to me. Alexis and Ashley ended up winning the contest for their age group and received a $20 gift card for Toys R Us. That was worth it! I put Cameron in the contest for his age group, but he didn't want to get up on the stage and wouldn't even look at the judges and flash them one of his heart warming smiles. That's OK, I can't blame him. It was a bit overwhelming! The rest of the day was fun. The kids got to do some fun activities, see lots of animals and ride some ponies. Cameron got lost for a bit and was soooo sad. So was I!!! It is the worst feeling in the world to loose a child in a public place. He stayed close by us the rest of the day, thank goodness! We were all tired by the end but had lots of fun being together!

1 comment:

LaNae said...

Hooray! The Burts are back!

Of course those two girls won the Baby Contest. Who would not vote for them. I love when they say "Hi" and smile at you. Too Cute or Two Cute. Ha-ha.