Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Roller Coaster of Life

I feel like we're on the State Line roller coaster. (I think it goes up about 13 stories or something like that) We found out last Friday, that Jared's office will NOT be moving because of unexpected remodeling costs of the building. We've been up and down and all around on what to do....stay put or still try to move up north. After much prayer and fasting we have decided to stay where we are at. When we were trying to decide I talked to Austin and Mitchell and asked them if they would pray to know what would be best for our family. The next day as we were driving in the car Mitchell said, "Mom, I prayed to know whether we should stay or move and I feel really good about staying". Then Austin echoed the same. I'm so thankful to know that our prayers are heard and answered! It would have been nice to live closer to our family who lives in Davis county, but we are where we should be at this point in our lives. You know life is like "Space Mountain" sometimes.....you never know when your going to go up or down or which direction you will go next! There are lots of surprises to keep up on our toes! Thanks to all our family and friends who have been supportive through our ups and downs!!

10 comments:

LaNae said...

Becca, we are so glad you are staying. I wish I could say the same about us, but. . . we'll just have to make the most of the next year.

Frisby Family said...

The Lairds are also so happy that the burts aren't leaving! What a cute little family your have. You're a great example to me.

Lacey said...

Okay that last comment I was accidentally logged in under my sister's account because I'm fixing her blog.... sorry!

Sharlynn said...

We are so glad your are staying too. You guys are such a wonderful family. I don't know if Madison would have survived without your boys!

Melanie Bingham said...

Hello Becca! I linked here off of Kath's blog. What darling kids! You are a super mom! I would personally vote for Kaysville. That's where we are and love it! Take care! Mel

Kari said...

Hi Becca! Okay it has been forever, but you still look the same....even after twins!!!! It has been so much fun reading about your cute family! I can't believe how big your boys are! Keep in touch!
kari@lokidog.com
texaspetersons@blogspot.com

Angela said...

So glad it's official! (for now at least) By the way, Happy Back to School Day! We have the best neighbors ever!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you have an answer. Although I am sure it is bitter sweet for you with your family being up north. maybe now is just not the time. I am glad that you don't have to try and sell your house now though! We love you guys!

Christine said...

Hey Becca! I found your blog through Kari's. I actually heard that where you were living from Karen Lewis. It's so fun to see pictures of your family. Your kids are soooo cute!!! It's fun to blog and keep in touch with friends! My blog is private, but you can email me at taximomuv4@msn.com and I will send an invite. Let's keep in touch!!

ksdavis6 said...

Well i know you would have loved being so close to your family, but i am glad that you get to stay in your beautiful home. hope all is going well. love ya so much